Sunday, November 21, 2010

Lessons Learned - My tailoring skill is 1~

So, I decided to approach my panda gloves by using the old fashioned method of sewing, and since I had no idea how to do it, I was learning on the fly. Here is my first sheet of fabric!
Here is my first working. There were a few things I did wrong, one was the entire glove didn't wrap around my fat hand, two, the fingers weren't uniform in width, length, or shape. And the hole for my thumb was too large.
So I restarted with a piece of blue fabric, and allowed for a lot more working space with everything. I stitched it lightly so I could work with it better.
Here it is around my hand.
So this one worked out a lot better, I finished the thumb, as you see above, and attached it. However I found that the stitching I used was terrible for what I was doing, and that the cloth would stretch and rip easily, so it fell apart easily.
Here it is flipped inside out, it looks good for what's done, but honestly, I have no idea how I'm going to attach the rest of the stuffing and fur to it, or at least re-plan it so it works. So I've decided to take another approach and see how that works out. I was looking forward to doing it this way because I could make sure the glove was as cool as possible, but shit happens. My second method will be much easier though.

No comments:

Post a Comment