Friday, November 12, 2010

The Adventure Begins - Reheated in the Microwave of Evil

So, after the second coat of stain, I ended up with something like this. I got overzealous and put too much stain on the wood, so I had to sand it.
And the final product was this, probably the most accurate color shot I've gotten, but you can see the difference in the coloring and sheen.
1x1 galvanized steel, what ducts are made out of, will be the material for my cap.
I cut it out to a circle, and started to make incisions in the side of the circle to create the little upward cusp you see at the edge of the metal on the reference work.
This is the final product of the work, blacksmithing it out, cutting the 8 holes for the screws, and the tiny piece so I can make it into a cone.
Just holding it in place so I can mark where to drill the holes on the hatMy intense concentration.
My extreme aggravation.

A cool shot from the side.

The cap in place, this will be finished tomorrow after a coat of polyurethane on the wood and a few coats of paint on the metals.
Overall I'm impressed that it turned out as well as it did, I guess good prep and planning helped a lot, and I'm looking forward to starting my next parts of the project, the feet and the gloves.

Also, I recommend visiting this.
Enjoy ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment