Saturday, November 6, 2010

The Adventure Begins~



November 5th - Oh joyous joy, the funds to purchase materials wasn't there, so my plans were delayed. I received the check later in the day, and set out to purchase materials.

Here is me with the boards of pine for the coolie hat~

November 6th - The work begins after class.
This is the trusty jigsaw that will tear through my pine~

Two pieces completed.

Eight pieces completed.

All pieces completed.
At this point, I've tapered all the inner edges of the boards by 6 degrees with trusty Bertha, the precision saw you see with her feet in the shot. I've glued all the pieces together, and tomorrow I'll make the last piece for the gap, and that's where the claw icon will be dug in. The total of this portion of the project took about 4 hours to complete.

Oh, I also retrieved the bamboo staff early in the morning. Great success.

1 comment:

  1. it's looking good there, Syf! :) Can't wait to see the finished results! :D

    ReplyDelete